Self-Proclaimed ‘Crypto King’ Showing Off Lamborghini and Private Jet Turns Out a Scam | News

A 23-year-old self-proclaimed ‘Crypto King’ from Canada is accused of running off with the money of more than 150 victims. The man would invest their money in cryptocurrencies and foreign exchange. Now it turns out that he mainly pampered himself. He showed off a Lamborghini and two McLarens, flew a private jet, bought expensive watches and rented a luxury house.

EXPLAINED. What are cryptos and how do they work?

The accused is called Aiden Pleterski, lives in Whitby, Ontario and is only 23 years old. The young man started investing in crypto coins as early as the age of 16 in 2015. In a sponsored article in the business magazine ‘Forbes’, he explained earlier this year that he came into contact with cryptocurrencies while playing video games. He said he quickly felt at home in that world, and saw the enormous potential of an early investment in bitcoin.

Something must have gone wrong, because investors who entrusted him with their money in recent years have now sued the twenty-something. He himself led a gaudy life and took it out on social media.

Two McLarens and a Lambo

Aiden Pleterski (23) owned 11 luxury cars including a Lamborghini Huracan, two McLarens and two BMWs, rented a few more, flew around the world on private jets and rented a luxurious lakeside mansion for 45,000 Canadian dollars (34,000 euros) a month . He also turned out to be in possession of five or six very expensive watches, with a value between 200,000 and 400,000 Canadian dollars (between 150,000 and 300,000 euros).

Also read: His vacation photos were fake. He earned his money with Russian pyramid scheme. Who is Wout (28), the “luxury doll” who has retired from FIRE? (+)

According to Canadian media, there are more than 150 victims and 35 million Canadian dollars (26 million euros) have disappeared. Until now only 2 million Canadian dollars (1.5 million euros) could be traced.

10 to 20 percent every two weeks

“The whole thing was based on trust,” said Diane Moore (65), one of the victims. “What Aiden has done is terrible. I don’t understand how he can live with himself.” The woman had agreed with Pleterski that he could keep 30 percent of the profits he made with her money. The other 70 percent was for her.

type="image/webp">>>>
This bright green Lamborghini was just one of eleven luxury cars owned by Aiden Pleterski (23). © RV

Diane Moore (65) trusted the twenty-something $ 60,000 (45,000 euros), which was intended for the education of her children. Pleterski guaranteed her a yield of 10 to 20 percent every two weeks. In addition, she received a guarantee that she would get her initial investment back in full if something went wrong.

The young man would have collected most of the money quickly. Most investors were tempted by word of mouth. They invested $25,000, $50,000, or $100,000 and trusted the twenty-something completely. He claims that he drafted his contracts via text message. He even got some of the money in cash.

Rising market

According to Norman Groot, founder of ‘Investigation Counsel PC’, which represents most of the victims, the money was raised at a time when the value of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies was skyrocketing. When many cryptocurrencies started to decline in value since the peak late last year, the victims asked for their money back, but the twenty-something was unable to deliver on that promise.

type="image/webp">>>>
Aiden Pleterski (23) behind the wheel of one of his supercars. © RV

In August, ‘AP Private Equity Limited’, the investment company of the twenty-something, was declared bankrupt. The court managed to recover two million dollars, in addition to the many seizures. The investigation that hopes to recover the rest of the money is still ongoing.

No accounting

But Aiden Pleterski (23) turns out to have never kept accounts. When asked about it, he said in court that he was “very disorganized”. When asked why he kept investing money even though he couldn’t pay back his customers, he gave the excuse that he was “only 20 years old”.

Who is Wout Schrijvers, the multimillionaire in ‘FIRE’?

Who Stijn Vereecken (27) from ‘FIRE: early retirement’?

EXPLAINED. What do you need to know about Bitcoin?

Free unlimited access to Showbytes? Which can!

Log in or create an account and don’t miss out on any of the stars.

Yes, I want free unlimited access

The article is in Dutch

Tags: SelfProclaimed Crypto King Showing Lamborghini Private Jet Turns Scam News

NEXT see the predictions for your zodiac sign today, October 01, 2022