Three suspects were already arrested and the DF Civil Police are working with the possibility of a fourth suspect
Two more suspects for involvement in the murder of a family in Federal District (DF) were arrested on the night of this Tuesday, 24, in an apartment, in Itapoã. One of them is a 17-year-old teenager. According to the Military police from the DF, which carried out the action, the apprehended minor confessed to having received R$ 2,000 and that later he would earn another R$ 3,000 from other suspects to help in the commission of the murders. However, he did not say who the accomplices would be and which victims he would have killed. On the other hand, the second suspect arrested denied any kind of involvement in the massacre and claimed that he was only with the teenager at the time the police arrested him. Both were taken to the 6th Police Station, in Paranoá, where the case is being investigated. Three other suspects were already arrested for involvement in the crime. They are: Horácio Carlos Ferreira Barbosa, 49 years old, Gideon Batista de Menezes, 55 years old, and Fabrício Silva Canhedo, 34 years old. A fourth suspect remains at large. The Civil Police of the DF located fingerprints of Carlomam dos Santos Nogueira, 26 years old, in captivity and in the car of one of the victims. Earlier, this Tuesday, the Civil Police, this time from Minas Gerais, identified on the afternoon of this Tuesday, the 24th, two more bodies of the family victim of a murder in the Federal District. The corpses, which were found charred in a car located in the Minas Gerais municipality of unai, on January 14, belong to Renata Juliene Belchior and her daughter, Gabriela Belchior de Oliveira, who are the mother-in-law and sister-in-law of hairdresser Elizamar Silva, respectively. Earlier this Tuesday afternoon, two other bodies of the family were identified by the Civil Police of the Federal District. Of the three corpses found this morning, inside a cistern, in Planaltina, two of them are by Thiago Gabriel Belchior, husband of the hairdresser, and by Cláudia Regina Marques Oliveira. The other body is analyzed by the scientific police to be identified. The police believe it belongs to Ana Beatriz Marques de Oliveira – now the only one missing, who is the daughter of Cláudia and Marcos Antônio Lopes de Oliveira, the hairdresser’s father-in-law. In all, ten people from the same family disappeared. Police located ten bodies. However, to date, nine have been identified. The first corpse to be recognized was that of Mark Antony. Last Thursday, the 19th, the Civil Police confirmed that the seventh body found on Wednesday, the 18th, also in Planaltina, was that of the hairdresser’s father-in-law. Marcos Antônio was appointed as one of the people who ordered the murder of the entire family. However, delegate Ricardo Viana, from the 6th Police Station, in Paranoá, who is responsible for the case, said that this hypothesis lost strength after the location of the body. Now, the police are working with the possibility that the crime was motivated by money. According to the corporation, two women in the family had recently sold properties and Elizamar had also recently received a loan of R$ 100,000 to invest in a beauty salon that she opened in Brasília. The amount of the three victims would be the targets of criminals.
understand the case
The case began when Elizamar Silva disappeared along with her three children – Gabriel, 7 years old, and twins Rafael and Rafaela, both 6 years old – on January 12th. She had been married for ten years to Thiago Gabriel Belchior de Oliveira, son of Marcos Antônio. In addition, the resident of Santa Maria, in DF, was the mother of a 24-year-old boy and another 18-year-old girl, who informed the police about the disappearance of the hairdresser. According to witnesses, on the day Elizamar was last seen, Thiago commented that he had fought with his wife, who would have gone out with their three children.
However, a day later, January 13, the hairdresser’s car was found charred, with four bodies inside. On the afternoon of last Thursday, the 19th, the police confirmed that the bodies belong to Elizamar and their three children. On January 14, the authorities found Marcos Antônio’s car, also charred, with two other bodies inside. This Tuesday afternoon, the victims were identified and they are: Renata Juliene Belchior and Gabriela Belchior de Oliveira.
Last Tuesday, 17, three suspects were arrested for involvement in the crime. They are: Horácio Carlos Ferreira Barbosa, 49 years old, Gideon Batista de Menezes, 55 years old, and Fabrício Silva Canhedo, 34 years old. On Tuesday night, two more suspects were arrested. One of them is a 17-year-old teenager. A fourth suspect remains at large. The Civil Police of the DF located fingerprints of Carlomam dos Santos Nogueira, 26 years old, in captivity and in the car of one of the victims.
After investigations, the Civil Police believe that the crime would have been motivated by money. That’s because Elizamar had R$100,000 that she got from a loan to invest in the beauty salon she opened in Asa Norte, in Brasília. Renata Juliene Belchior, 52 years old, mother of Thiago and wife of Marcos Antônio, had R$ 400,000 for the sale of a house in Santa Maria, in DF. Investigators also discovered that Marcos Antônio’s ex-wife, Cláudia Regina, had also sold a property in December of last year. The three women’s money would be the targets of criminals.
Understand who is who in the family
- Marcos Antônio Lopes de Oliveira, 54 years old: Father-in-law of the first person to disappear, hairdresser Elizamar Silva, he was married to Renata Juliene Belchior, with whom he had two children: Thiago Gabriel Belchior de Oliveira and Gabriela Belchior de Oliveira. He was also married to Cláudia Regina Marques de Oliveira, with whom he had Ana Beatriz Marques de Oliveira. According to the police, Marcos Antônio was appointed as one of the people who ordered the murder of the entire family. However, the hypothesis lost strength after the location of his body.
- Elizamar Silva, 39 years old: Hairdresser is the wife of Thiago Gabriel Belchior de Oliveira, with whom she had three children: Gabriel, 7 years old, and the twins Rafael and Rafaela, 6 years old.
- Thiago Gabriel, 30 years old: Husband of Elizamar, with whom he had the children Gabriel and the twins Rafael and Rafaela. He is the son of Marcos Antônio and Renata Juliene Belchior. Thiago is also Gabriela Belchior’s brother. Like Marcos Antônio, he was also pointed out by the suspects as one of the people who ordered the murder of the entire family.
- Gabriel da Silva, 7 years old: Son of Elizamar and Thiago Gabriel, as well as brother of the twins Rafael and Rafaela.
- Raphael, 6 years old: Son of Elizamar and Thiago Gabriel and twin brother of Rafaela, in addition to being Gabriel’s brother.
- Rafael, 6 years old: Daughter of Elizamar and Thiago Gabriel, twin sister of Rafael, in addition to being Gabriel’s sister.
- Renata Juliene Belchior, 52 years old: Elizamar’s mother-in-law, she was married to Marcos Antônio, with whom she had Thiago Gabriel and Gabriela Belchior.
- Gabriela Belchior, 25 years old: Sister-in-law of Elizamar, she is the sister of Thiago Gabriel and daughter of Marcos Antônio and Renata Belchior.
- Claudia Regina Marques de Oliveira: She is the ex-wife of Marcos Antônio, with whom she had Ana Beatriz Marques de Oliveira.
- Ana Beatriz Marques de Oliveira: Daughter of Marcos Antônio and Cláudia Regina Marques de Oliveira.
As much as a body has not yet been identified, Ana Beatriz Marques de Oliveira is officially missing.