“The Seventh Day” publishes the share prices of the 5 largest companies that achieved an increase, and the share prices of the 5 most declining companies, on the Egyptian Stock Exchange, at the close of trading today, Tuesday 1-24-2023.
Suspension of trading of 4 shares
The Egyptian Stock Exchange management announced the suspension of trading on 4 stocks for a period of 10 minutes, as they exceeded the 5% up or down rate during today’s trading session, Tuesday, and they are: International Medical Industries – IKME, Ismailia National Food Industries, Al Moasher for Software and Information Dissemination, and BIG for Trade and Investment.
The stock market profits 8 billion pounds
The Egyptian Stock Exchange ended the trading session today, Tuesday, in the middle of the week’s sessions, with the exception of the drop in the EGX 70 index, driven by purchases from Arab dealers, amid high trading, and the market capitalization gained 8 billion pounds, to close at 1.063 trillion pounds.
The volume of trading in shares amounted to 465.2 million securities, at a value of 2.3 billion pounds, through the implementation of 65.5 thousand transactions for 199 companies, and the Egyptians’ transactions recorded 83.31% of the total transactions, while foreigners acquired 7.7%, Arabs 8.99%, and institutions acquired 28.09%. Of the transactions in the Stock Exchange, the rest of the transactions were the share of individuals by 71.90%.
The net transactions of Egyptian individuals and foreign institutions tended to sell at a value of 131.7 million pounds and 42.7 million pounds, respectively, while the net transactions of Arab and foreign individuals and Egyptian and Arab institutions tended to buy at a value of 15.2 million pounds, 572.5 thousand pounds, 24.9 million pounds, and 133.7 million pounds, respectively. .
The “EGX30” index rose by 1.59% to close at 16440 points, the “EGX50” index rose by 0.39% to close at the level of 2865 points, and the “EGX30 weighted index” jumped by 0.94% to close at the level of 19794 points. The EGX30 total return index increased by 1.6% to close at 6,766 points.
While the small and medium-sized companies index “EGX 70 of equal weights” decreased by 0.05% to close at 2982 points, and the “EGX 100 index of equal weights” rose by 0.08% to close at the level of 4457 points, and the Excellence index settled at 3493 points, and the index fell. Treasury bills increased by 0.19%, to close at 1265 points.
The shares of 57 companies listed on the Stock Exchange rose at the close of trading, while the shares of 79 companies declined, and the levels of 63 companies did not change.
The high shares included:
– Ismailia National Food Industries (Foodico) at a closing price of EGP 54,130, an increase of 11.59%.
– Asec Mining – Ascom, at a closing price of EGP 11,840, an increase of 8.72%.
– Alexandria Spinning and Weaving (Spinalex) at a closing price of EGP 2,600, an increase of 7%.
– The Egyptian Media Production City, with a closing price of 13,770 pounds, an increase of 6.09%.
– New Ismailia for Development and Urban Development – a company divided, with a closing price of 34,860 pounds, an increase of 5%.
Declining stocks included:
– Development for Real Estate Investment, at a closing price of 2.120 pounds, a decrease of 6.61%.
– Al-Nasr Civil Works Company, at a closing price of 18,600 pounds, a decrease of 6.39%.
– The Egyptian Transport Services (EGYTRANS) at a closing price of EGP 2,900, a decrease of 3.01%.
– Islamic Gharbia for Urban Development, with a closing price of 15,260 pounds, a decrease of 2.99%.
– Misr Hotels, at a closing price of 65,960 pounds, a decrease of 2.99%.