The identity of the dismembered and decapitated body found on September 19 in Mont-Saint-Martin was revealed on Tuesday by our colleagues from Contacto. This is Diana Santos, a 40-year-old mother from Porto (Portugal). She had resided in Luxembourg for several years and had a 22-year-old son. According to the outlet, she worked as a waitress and kitchen assistant.
“Thanks to the press release of the drawings of the victim’s tattoos, the judicial authorities of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg informed us that they had identified the woman with the dismembered body,” said the public prosecutor, François Pérain. The identification was confirmed by a “DNA comparison”, he added.
She was presumably killed “within 24 hours” of the discovery of the body
The Nancy public prosecutor’s office therefore relinquished the case in favor of the Dierkich public prosecutor’s office in Luxembourg, said the magistrate, the young woman being from the town, according to our information. It is therefore the Luxembourg judicial police who are taking over the case completely.
The victim’s trunk had been discovered by a passerby in mid-September “near a disused building” in Mont-Saint-Martin, a town located on the border with Belgium and Luxembourg, the Nancy prosecutor’s office had detailed.
The results of the autopsy of the woman’s body did not reveal any traces of bullet or stab wounds or sexual violence. She was probably killed “within 24 hours” preceding the discovery of the body, obviously “dismembered in another place”, indicated François Pérain.
The investigators and the prosecution had distributed to the press the drawings of the tattoos present on the trunk of the victim, in an attempt to identify him. The prosecution had also opened a procedure to identify the author of a video of the victim’s body which had circulated on social networks.