Friday, May 26, 2023. 10:29
Updated: Friday, May 26, 2023. 11:13
Reading time: 2 minutes
A man has lost his life after a large-tonnage truck crashed into a wall at the Hospital de Sant Pau in the Catalan capital.
What do we know? A man has died and a woman has been injured after a truck crashed into one of the walls of the modernist compound of the Hospital de Sant Pau from Barcelona.
- A tanker truck, which was leaving the hospital, collided with the wall that fell on the two pedestrians who were passing by at that moment.
- The accident took place on the street Sant Antoni Maria Claret from Barcelona.
- The events happened when there were fifteen minutes to go before 9:00 in the morning this Friday.
- The truck driver has tested negative for alcohol and drugs.
In detail: The fatal victim was 71 years old and died in the place of the accident.
- The 63-year-old woman has been evacuated by the Medical Emergency System (SEM) to hospital.
Current situation: Bus lines D50, V23, H8, 19 47, 117, 191 and 192 are diverted to allow emergency teams to work.
What do they say? The Barcelona City Council has mourned the death and has conveyed its condolences to the family and friends of the man who lost his life. This is the eighth fatality in a traffic accident in the city.
- Teams from the Police Accident Prevention and Investigation Unit (UIPA), the Barcelona Fire Brigade and five SEM units, as well as the Horta-Guinardó district councillor, Rosa Alarcón, traveled to the scene of the events. .