After a frenetic week in the final stretch of the transfer market, Real Club Deportivo Mallorca and Girona Fútbol Club meet in Son Moix for matchday 4 of LaLiga Santander. Vermellones and rojiblancos already know what it means to win this season, but they need to keep adding if they want to achieve the goal of permanence as soon as possible.
Both teams could make their most recent signings debut, such as Serbian central defender Matija Nastasic and Zambian striker Tino Kadewere for the hosts, as well as Argentinian goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga, midfielder Oriol Romeu, winger Manu Vallejo and crescent Toni Villa.
However, the one who will not be is Christian Stuani due to the benign cardiac arrhythmia that has been detected this week and that will keep him away from the pitch for a month. Due to injury, Baba, Amat and Greif are missing as far as the locals are concerned, and perhaps also Ángel due to some inconvenience.
- This will be the first confrontation between Mallorca and Girona in LaLiga. The Balearic team has only lost one of its last six first games against rivals in the highest category (W4 D1) and the Catalan none of its last four games of this type (W2 D2).
- Mallorca have won three of their last four matches against Girona in all competitions, the same victories as in their previous 11 games (W3 D4 D4). In addition, the Balearic side has two wins in a row against the Catalan for the first time in its history.
- Girona have only won one of their seven away games against Mallorca in all competitions (D2 L4), 0-1 in May 2015 in LaLiga SmartBank.
- Mallorca have won three of their last five LaLiga games (D1 L1) after having won just two of their previous 13 in the competition (D1 L10).
- Girona have lost in each of their last six LaLiga trips, having won the previous three – it is their longest run of consecutive away defeats in the top flight.
- Mallorca are the only team to have scored more than one headed goal in LaLiga 2022/23 – they have headed four of their last eight goals in the competition, three of them coming from Vedat Muriqi.
- Girona has an average possession percentage in LaLiga 2022/23 of 58%, the sixth highest of a team this season and the highest of the Catalan team in a campaign in the top flight (46.7% in 2017/18 and 47.7% in 2018/19).
- The RCD Mallorca player, Ángel Rodríguez, has scored four goals in 14 clashes with Girona in all competitions, including two goals in his last two games, both with Getafe in LaLiga in 18/19.
- Vedat Miriqi, from Mallorca, and Cristhian Stuani, from Girona, are the players who have committed the most fouls in LaLiga this season without receiving a single yellow card, along with Samu Castillejo, from Valencia (eight each).
- The coach of Mallorca, Javier Aguirre, will face Girona for the first time in LaLiga. It is also the first time that the current coach of the Catalan team, Míchel Sánchez, faces Mallorca in his career as coach in all competitions.
You can subscribe to DAZN from €18.99 per month to watch LaLiga 2022-2023
Minute by minute of Mallorca vs. Girona of LaLiga
Press conferences of Mallorca vs. Girona of LaLiga
When the game ends, the statements of the protagonists…
Videos, line-ups and news of Mallorca vs. Girona of LaLiga
In moments, more videos and news of the match…
45′ + 5′ BREAK IN MALLORCA! The score remained 0-0 after a thick first half in which Aguirre’s team got excited in the final minutes, but in which Girona had more aim.
40′ NO PENALTY! Díaz de Mera retracts and says that there is no maximum penalty favorable to Mallorca.
40′ The referee approaches the monitor to check the action!
39′ PENALTY CALLS IN FAVOR OF MALLORCA! Juan Carlos, who gets the yellow for the action, seems to push Copete by clearing a dangerous ball in the area with his fists.
Summary of Mallorca vs. Girona of LaLiga