There is a dispute in the German Twitch scene between casino streamer Kevin “Orangemorange” Bongert and opinion blogger Kilian “Tanzban” Heinrich. The conflict culminated in a scuffle at gamescom, and Orangemorange followed suit in March 2023: He allegedly made the address of Tanzverbot public on Twitch “accidentally”. Ban on dancing asks when it will finally be over.
What is this conflict?
- Orangemorange has built a career streaming GTA 5 on Twitch in 2019 and 2020, but has mainly been showing “casino content” since 2022. He appears to have a lucrative deal with online casino Stake. The model for such deals is the US streamer Trainwreck, who earns a lot of money with such a deal.
- Ban on dancing is one of the biggest critics of casino streams in Germany. Like many other Twitch streamers, he accuses casino streamers of immoral behavior. They would drive their viewers into gambling addiction and financial ruin and benefit financially from it. The accusation is: If you stream Casino, you would sell your soul.
- This dispute led to a scuffle at gamescom 2022 in Cologne: At that time, Orangemorange threw a cup after a ban on dancing, but hit a woman.
Orangemorange “accidentally” publishes Tanzban address
Orangemorange did that now: In a stream on Twitch, Orangemorange told his viewers that he had his eye on a cheap apartment in Berlin, gave the address and asked his viewers if anyone could tell him what the situation was like. The apartment is a “snapper”.
In the chat, however, one immediately shouted: That was the address of Tanzverbot. How could he make it public?
However, Orangemorange was surprised. This is simply an address from which he is considering moving there now:
Dancing ban lives there? huh? But he lives in Berlin. What are you talking about? No, nonsense. Tanzban lives somewhere in Berlin, but I picked this one out because the location is supposed to be really nice. So here with these beautiful … trees and stuff. Can anyone recommend this?
But this passage is widely seen as an attempt to “publicize and leak” Tanzban’s address.
It seems unlikely that Orangemorange is really looking for an apartment in Berlin:
- For one thing, it would be very strange to leak the address yourself in advance
- On the other hand, casino streamers state “Malta” as their place of residence to avoid problems with the authorities. The web is already making fun of Orangemorange listing “Malta” as his place of residence, but everything points to him living in Madeira (via
Zu behaupten man streamt von Malta Casino, weil es auf Madeira auch rechtlich im gewerblichem Umfang nicht zulässig wäre, aber dann in jedem Stream Atlântida (Agua da Madeira) zu trinken, also so dumm und naiv wäre doch wirklich niemand. #OrangeMorange https://t.co/2D01GiLtrv pic.twitter.com/1YZ9K0HwuT— Venom (@Venom_kappa) September 25, 2022
Ban on dancing asks: Where is the end?
That’s what Tanzban says about it: He not only accuses Orangemorange of having leaked his address in front of several thousand people. He says: In addition, Orangemorange dragged his girlfriend, the Twitch streamer QuiteLola, into the conflict and publicly claimed that dancing was forbidden and that they were using cocaine.
Tanzban asks: Where does this end?
Orangemorange denies the accusation – it was also “on kick anyway”
What does orange orange say? As always, he is completely innocent. But cannot commit to a defense strategy.
While on the one hand he denies all allegations, on the other hand he assumes that Tanzverbot somehow deserved that his address be leaked. After all, he still saw it as funny with “ApoRed”. Now that it’s about him, it’s not so funny anymore.
In addition, he did not ask about the apartment on Twitch, but on Kick. If anyone has an issue with this, they should contact Kick, not Twitch.
Targeted provocation as a marketing strategy
How is this seen? Some people on Twitter are now calling on Twitch to take action and ban Orangemorange.
In fact, Orangemorange’s behavior over the past few weeks seems like it’s likely to be subject to a Twitch ban.
He seems to be mainly using the Twitch platform at the moment (via https://twitter.com/orangemorangee/status/1636353847726620673) to promote his stream on Kick where he can promote the casino content for his partner Stake. He is not allowed to do this on Twitch.
Ever since Twitch banned the online caisno “Stake”, Orangemorange has been more provocative than before:
Twitch: 2 German casino streamers provoke for relevance – etching about gender and cancel culture